[Digikam-users] Database lost

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Sat Oct 1 08:56:57 BST 2011

On Fredag den 30. september 2011, Daniel MacPhee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been using Digikam for a couple of years now as it seems the best to
> me for Linux systems. Currently I'm using version 1.2.0 on Ubuntu 10.04. I
> just opened it and everything has disappeared!! I guess the database has
> has got lost or something. I've used Digikam as my only photo filing
> system so is there anyone who can suggest how I can recover the lost lost
> tags and file structure etc.

Hi Daniel,

Are you sure the database is not there? You can look for it in the directory
where you store your images, see in the digikam configuration. Use a file
manager or the find(1) or locate(1) shell commands if you are familliar with
the shell, the database name contains "digikam" and ends in ".db".

--
Anders