[Digikam-users] Database lost

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Sat Oct 1 08:36:12 BST 2011

>> I've been using Digikam for a couple of years now as it seems the
>> best to me for Linux systems. Currently I'm using version 1.2.0 on
>> Ubuntu 10.04. I just opened it and everything has disappeared!! I
>> guess the database has has got lost or something. I've used Digikam
>> as my only photo filing system so is there anyone who can suggest
>> how I can recover the lost lost tags and file structure etc.

you first should locate why you did lost the database. May be you have
lost an entire disk? (I don't hope so!)

tehre are no reason for you to lose a data base without any other notice.

Try fisrt to locate the database with an explorer, see what size it
have and try reopening it from digikam

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net