[Digikam-users] Database lost

Photonoxx photonoxx at free.fr
Sat Oct 1 08:30:22 BST 2011

Did you use metadata writing in files ?

If yes you just have to rescan your album directory and tag should come
back.

For me, "database only" tagging is not an option, even not a sufficient
one.

Personally, I always use metadata writing in the files. But for now it
probably doesn't help you if do not use it...

Did you have make backup of your database ?

Le Fri, 30 Sep 2011 23:38:35 +0200, Daniel MacPhee
<drmaceltie at yahoo.co.uk> a écrit:

> Hi,
>
> I've been using Digikam for a couple of years now as it seems the best
> to me for Linux systems. Currently I'm using version 1.2.0 on Ubuntu
> 10.04. I just opened it and everything has disappeared!! I guess the
> database has has got lost or something. I've used Digikam as my only
> photo filing system so is there anyone who can suggest how I can recover
> the lost lost tags and file structure etc.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Daniel.

Nicolas Boulesteix
Photographe chasseur de lueurs