[Digikam-users] [Digikam-devel] List moderation

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 20:36:38 GMT 2011

2011/11/10 Martin (KDE) <kde at fahrendorf.de>

> I agree that there may be a little benefit especially for photo based
> stuff. But for me there are more disadvantages.
>
> regards
>
> Martin
>
> Among the many benefits I appreciate:
 - classify the threads in different categories, thus rending browsing and
searching much more efficient
 - subscribe to the only threads or forums you're interested in, by
notification or RSS feed
 - easy referencing to other threads, so you don't have to repeat the same
thing many times
 - discussions are well referenced by Google and the like, so anyone can be
lead to an answer even if he/she is not a member.

I've been using a lot of forums for years, and find mailing-lists belong to
the previous era: it's either you receive everything or nothing (excluding
the daily digest that is "unreadable").

But it is, of course, only my own opinion and usage.

Marie-Noëlle

--
Une galerie photos, un blog ... pourquoi pas ? Webmaster en
herbe<http://www.webmaster-en-herbe.net/>

Parcourez les Cévennes à ma façon : Cévennes
Plurielles<http://www.cevennes-plurielles.com/>

Et toutes mes autres publications à partir de ma page d'accueil
générale<http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com/>