[Digikam-users] Re: names in caption list

Errol Sapir errol at tzora.co.il
Thu May 19 16:35:07 BST 2011

Hi Dotan
It took me a while to reply as I was busy updating to the latest version
of Digikam etc. I have Natty KDE 4.6.2 Kubuntu, Digikam 2.05 beta using
Philip Johnsson's ppa.
I also did several experiments with Hebrew in Digikam. This is what I
discovered. If I made captions to my photos BEFORE importing them to
Digikam Hebrew was not recognised. I then had all the problems described
in my original letter with question mark captions.
If I make captions from WITHIN Digikam, they are in Hebrew.
That's what I have a t the moment. It would be nice if Digikam imported
the Hebrew captions!!
By the way I have a scan of the screen showing all of this if there is a
way of getting it to the forum.
Errol