[Digikam-users] Re: names in caption list

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu May 19 21:26:45 BST 2011

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 18:35, Errol Sapir <errol at tzora.co.il> wrote:
> Hi Dotan
> It took me a while to reply as I was busy updating to the latest version
> of Digikam etc. I have Natty KDE 4.6.2 Kubuntu, Digikam 2.05 beta using
> Philip Johnsson's ppa.
> I also did several experiments with Hebrew in Digikam. This is what I
> discovered. If I made captions to my photos BEFORE importing them to
> Digikam Hebrew was not recognised. I then had all the problems described
> in my original letter with question mark captions.
> If I make captions from WITHIN Digikam, they are in Hebrew.
> That's what I have a t the moment. It would be nice if Digikam imported
> the Hebrew captions!!
> By the way I have a scan of the screen showing all of this if there is a
> way of getting it to the forum.
> Errol

How are you adding the captions from outside Digikam? It sounds like
the application in question does not support UTF-8.

You can CC me with the screenshot, or upload it to an image host.
However, there is no need. Your description was very clear, and the
phenomenon is not unfamiliar.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il