[Digikam-users] Any interests in Digikam 2.0 packages and digikam PPA?

Philip Johnsson philip.johnsson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 17:36:17 GMT 2011

Hi all

I think it's know to this list that I have Digikam 1.9 packages on my PPA
for Ubuntu 10.10 but I have no idea on how may people use it or what the
interest is, beside some people now and then get in touch with me about this
and that with packages.

I just started to build packages of Digikam 2.0 beta3 for myself and
wondered about what the interest in them are for you guys? They are made as
digikam2 packages so they won't automatically update if you prefer to use
the stable Digikam 1.9 but will conflict if you try to install them both at
the same time. I might upload them to my kubuntu-backports PPA as you will
need stuff from KDE 4.6 to build.

Second question is if you guys would prefer a separate digikam PPA with just
digikam stuff instead of as it is now to use my "extra" and for exiv2 0.21.x
support my kubuntu-backports PPA? For me it's easier to do as I'm doing now
and upload my stuff to the "extra" PPA but I don't know how many of you
don't want to use it because it includes a bunch of assorted updates that
you want to leave as they are.

Feedback on this from anyone who cares are appreciated.

Happy digikaming!

Regards,

Philip