[Digikam-users] Re: Any interests in Digikam 2.0 packages and digikam PPA?

George Bourozikas george at bourozikas.net
Sun Mar 6 17:58:58 GMT 2011

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 12:36, Philip Johnsson <philip.johnsson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I think it's know to this list that I have Digikam 1.9 packages on my PPA
> for Ubuntu 10.10 but I have no idea on how may people use it or what the
> interest is, beside some people now and then get in touch with me about this
> and that with packages.

Just a quick note to thank you for packaging Digikam for Ubuntu.  I
have used your PPA for quite a while now.

> I just started to build packages of Digikam 2.0 beta3 for myself and
> wondered about what the interest in them are for you guys? They are made as
> digikam2 packages so they won't automatically update if you prefer to use
> the stable Digikam 1.9 but will conflict if you try to install them both at
> the same time. I might upload them to my kubuntu-backports PPA as you will
> need stuff from KDE 4.6 to build.

I, for one, would be happy to start using the beta packages, as they
seem to be quite stable.

> Second question is if you guys would prefer a separate digikam PPA with just
> digikam stuff instead of as it is now to use my "extra" and for exiv2 0.21.x
> support my kubuntu-backports PPA?

My preference would be a separate PPA but I completely sympathize with
your reluctance to increase the complexity of your packaging efforts.

Thanks again for your work,
--george