[Digikam-users] Re: Importing Tags from Images

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Sun Mar 6 15:20:32 GMT 2011

Am Sonntag, 6. März 2011 schrieb Marco Tedaldi:
> Hello
>
> I'm using digikam since a longer time. My setup is a bit special,
> because I'm mounting my home directory over NFS.
> I know, that one should not have the sqlite database on an nfs
> share. It has worked for me most of the time. And when the
> database died, I could always just build a new one since all my
> tags and data was stored in the images anyway.

I know it is not recommended, but there is nothing wrong with it. I
used it over a couple of years without any problem. If your
network/server is reliable you will not loose any data. besides of
that, a backup on the server will let you loose only one day work (and
backing up a single server is easier than backing up several clients).

I only switched to a local copy because my server was to slow (an old
P-III with 400 MHz on a 100MBit network). Now I sync the photo folder
from server to local HD on login and backwards on logout.

> This time I wanted to make it better. After the update to version 4
> had failed I had left it for a while. Now I just set up an account
> on my mysql server for digikam and let it use it. Import has run
> and Imported my almost 50000 images.
> The only problem is, that not a single tag has been imported. When
> I open the images in another editor, I can see, that the tags are
> there, but digikam does not show them (not on the image itself nor
> in the overview).
>
> I'm a bit lost now. Who knows a way to feed the tags, that are
> stored in the images, back into the digikam database?

There is an option to reread metadata from pictures (but only for
selected photos or one album).

Martin