[Digikam-users] Importing Tags from Images

Marco Tedaldi marco.tedaldi at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 15:07:41 GMT 2011

Hello

I'm using digikam since a longer time. My setup is a bit special,
because I'm mounting my home directory over NFS.
I know, that one should not have the sqlite database on an nfs share. It
has worked for me most of the time. And when the database died, I could
always just build a new one since all my tags and data was stored in the
images anyway.

This time I wanted to make it better. After the update to version 4 had
failed I had left it for a while. Now I just set up an account on my
mysql server for digikam and let it use it. Import has run and Imported
my almost 50000 images.
The only problem is, that not a single tag has been imported. When I
open the images in another editor, I can see, that the tags are there,
but digikam does not show them (not on the image itself nor in the
overview).

I'm a bit lost now. Who knows a way to feed the tags, that are stored in
the images, back into the digikam database?

best regards

Marco Tedaldi