[Digikam-users] Re: Processing RAW images to get to the look of the jpg preview

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 21:30:12 BST 2011

2011/6/23 David Vincent-Jones <davidvincentjones at gmail.com>

> Please NO ..... the curves tool in darktable lack real flexibility when
> working to manipulate small tonal areas. With colour it (sort-of) works;
> with black and white it is a disaster.
>
> The only thing missing in the digikam setup is the tone reference guide
> between the image and the curve. We had that not so long ago and Gilles
> has said that it would be replaced (there is a bug report in place).

For that, i'm waiting some progress into libraw in this way. It's not yet
done, but i know that ALex Tutubalin (libraw author) work on this suject.

I won't implement it directly in digiKam core. All raw algorithms must be
done in libraw, to share it with the rest of the world. Like this
implementation tuning/improvements will be faster.