[Digikam-users] Re: Processing RAW images to get to the look of the jpg preview

David Vincent-Jones davidvincentjones at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 21:13:49 BST 2011

Please NO ..... the curves tool in darktable lack real flexibility when
working to manipulate small tonal areas. With colour it (sort-of) works;
with black and white it is a disaster.

The only thing missing in the digikam setup is the tone reference guide
between the image and the curve. We had that not so long ago and Gilles
has said that it would be replaced (there is a bug report in place). It
is absolutely critical for monochrome work. Check out rawstudio for
their model.

David