[Digikam-users] Re: Processing RAW images to get to the look of the jpg preview

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Thu Jun 23 21:51:13 BST 2011

Am Donnerstag, 23. Juni 2011, 22:13:49 schrieb David Vincent-Jones:
> Please NO ..... the curves tool in darktable lack real flexibility when
> working to manipulate small tonal areas. With colour it (sort-of) works;
> with black and white it is a disaster.

Can you explain that? In digikam I almost always get sharp bends which I think
does not make sense. And moving the points around never gives me what I
wanted, in terms of how I would like the curve to look like. I would like to
be able to move some region of the curve up, as easy as it works in darktable.

I can supply some screenshots in order to show what I mean by "moving points
never gives me what I want".

So even if not the darktable way, I think that there is a need for improving
the handling of curves in digikam. Darktable might be too simple, but it would
be a good start in terms of ease. Adding complexity of usage can always be
done.

Ah – and btw. which curve is the darktable's base-curve in digikam's RAW
module?

Sven