[Digikam-users] externally moving photos

Volker neuntoeter at arcor.de
Thu Jun 9 18:21:44 BST 2011

Hi,

I have moved an digikam album from outside of digikam. When I browse to the
new destination within digikam it seems that all the tags of the photos are
still there.

e.g. mv /digikam_folder/albumA/albumB /digikam_folder/albumB

Is this always the case? Is it safe to change the directory structure from
outside digikam or is this a no go?
And what happens to the properties of the album when I move it around?

What is the link between the photos on disk to the photo metadata in the
database? Is it done by id in the extended attributes of the file, the
timestamp and size, the filename and path?

I didn't find a reliable answer to this on the net.

regards,

Volker