[Digikam-users] No thumbnails in 2.0.0 beta 6 on Windows

Tom Rice tomkrice at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 16:01:27 BST 2011

Installed 2.0.0 -beta6 an XP sp3 machine. All seems fine --- except no
thumbnails. Also not thumbnail database as far as I can see. There is a
Digital database - has not extension. When I ask it to rebuild the
thumbnails I see a temp "virtual" file being created which then comes an
goes but nothing remains after the process is completed.

What did I do wrong? 1.7.0 worked fine on Windows and 1.9 seems to work
well on Linux Mint.

Thanks for any suggestions.

TKR