[Digikam-users] Re: large picture + DB migration

Andrew Goodbody ajg02 at elfringham.co.uk
Wed Jun 8 23:35:45 BST 2011

On 06/06/11 13:30, mm Malaleel wrote:
> I would like to get advice on what is the best methodology to migrate
> from my computer to a NAS. I'm planning to shift from SQLite to MySQL in
> the process. This is how I would proceed:

This is how I would do it. I cannot say it is the best, merely what I
would do.

1) Backup db files
2) Copy photos to NAS
3) Use SQLite Browser to modify sqlite db to point to new location of
photos on NAS.
4) Ensure correct operation of digikam with photos on NAS
5) Creation of MySQL db within digikam
6) Use db migration tool to move to MySQL

At your own risk.

HTH,
Andrew