[Digikam-users] Re: digikam search and high cpu usage: sqlite, mysql compared

Elle Stone l.elle.stone at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 15:50:07 GMT 2011

Hmm, I was wrong. The problem happens equally in mysql and squlite.

(1)Using the search bar at the bottom of the page to enter search terms,
then (2)clicking on the search icon at the top of the page to do the search,
sends the cpu to 100%, where it stays, permanently, even after the search
results have been retrieved.

The search results show up very quickly. My test database of images is not
that big. Why does the cpu stay pegged? The only way to get the cpu usage to
drop is to leave the search results, which kinda negates the whole point of
searching in the first place.

Elle Stone