[Digikam-users] Re: Bounty for attention to some enhancements...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 08:31:06 GMT 2011

2011/2/24 Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123 at gmail.com>:
> I really like Digikam.  I think its excellent and the pace of
> development is amazing.  Kudos to the development team for a job well
> done.
>
> Not to take away or slight the excellent work the development team is
> doing, but I'll put up bounty of $50 if the following issues are
> addressed.
>
> 1) Implement a plug in to allow the uploading of images to Costco.ca
> directly from Digikam.

Must be reported in kipi-plugins Bugzilla as new wish entry.

> 2) Address issues and/or develop a system whereby Digikam tags are
> interoperable with 3rd party software, such as rawtherapee and Geeqie
> (formerly GQView).  I picked these two because I use them all the time
> and they are open source.

It's already implemented and work fine with Aperture, Lightroom and
Picasa, with import function.

For others photo management program, please open file in digiKam
bugzilla and attache image to test in local. It's easy to adjust in
source code.

> I would also like to see all the Digikam tags stored within the files
> themselves rather than just in the database and I'd like to see one tag
> action tag both the jpeg and the raw, if possible.  But maybe I don't
> know what I speak of.  I haven't given it much thought.

Already implemented since a long time. interroperability is a priority
in digiKam...

> 3) A tool to pull embedded jpegs from raws.  I presently do this via the
> command line.  Its simple and it works (for me), but it would be nicer
> to do it within Digikam.

Can be done in Raw Converter tool. i think there is alerady an entry
in bugzilla, but i'm not fully sure..

> It would also be really nice if there was a batch tool for copying EXIF
> data from raw images to jpegs and or tying jpegs to raws and vice versa.
> I'm not really sure how that would work, but I'll throw it out there as
> an idea.  This item is not a bounty requirement.

Must be done by Drag & Drop. there is already an entry in Bugzilla.

Best