[Digikam-users] Bounty for attention to some enhancements...

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 03:01:32 GMT 2011

I really like Digikam.  I think its excellent and the pace of
development is amazing.  Kudos to the development team for a job well
done.

Not to take away or slight the excellent work the development team is
doing, but I'll put up bounty of $50 if the following issues are
addressed.

1) Implement a plug in to allow the uploading of images to Costco.ca
directly from Digikam.

2) Address issues and/or develop a system whereby Digikam tags are
interoperable with 3rd party software, such as rawtherapee and Geeqie
(formerly GQView).  I picked these two because I use them all the time
and they are open source.

I would also like to see all the Digikam tags stored within the files
themselves rather than just in the database and I'd like to see one tag
action tag both the jpeg and the raw, if possible.  But maybe I don't
know what I speak of.  I haven't given it much thought.

3) A tool to pull embedded jpegs from raws.  I presently do this via the
command line.  Its simple and it works (for me), but it would be nicer
to do it within Digikam.

It would also be really nice if there was a batch tool for copying EXIF
data from raw images to jpegs and or tying jpegs to raws and vice versa.
I'm not really sure how that would work, but I'll throw it out there as
an idea.  This item is not a bounty requirement.

I realize that the work done thus far is tremendous and the development
team deserves a bounty for what they have done thus far alone.  I also
realize $50 isn't much these days.

I'm just adding some incentive to address issues that especially concern
me.  I hope this doesn't offend the development team or come across as
not appreciating what has been done thus far.

I encourage other users to add to the bounty should they agree with my
feature requests.

Thanks !

LG