[Digikam-users] Re: shared and archived photos

Lluís Forns lluis.forns at escoltesiguies.cat
Fri Feb 18 11:45:49 GMT 2011

Al 18/02/2011 01:09, En/na gerlos ha escrit:
> Il giorno 17/feb/2011, alle ore 10.18, Lluís Forns ha scritto:
>
>> I am looking for a software which allow me to:
>> - Share my photos (shared server) and tag/album database between computers
>> - Archive/add photos to/from DVD, and thumbails/tags/albums... keeps
>> stored in database, so when I search for a tag and double click on a
>> photo, I am asked to insert the correct DVD in order to open the file.
>>
>> Does digikam this? Thanks.
>
> If you use remote collections, afaik, yes, you can do this kind of things with digikam, just save your collection and its database in a shared directory.
> But I'm not sure, I never tried these kind of things, just worked with local collections. In particular, I don't know how will digikam manage simultaneous, concurrent modifications to your collections from two different computers.
Digikam support mysql as backend, so I think there will not be any
probelm with this.

What I miss is if there is any way to storage photos in external media
in a way that digikam still knows about them, and when I try to open
them it asks me to insert the external media.