[Digikam-users] Re: shared and archived photos

gerlos gerlosgm at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 00:09:23 GMT 2011

Il giorno 17/feb/2011, alle ore 10.18, LluĂ­s Forns ha scritto:

> I am looking for a software which allow me to:
> - Share my photos (shared server) and tag/album database between computers
> - Archive/add photos to/from DVD, and thumbails/tags/albums... keeps
> stored in database, so when I search for a tag and double click on a
> photo, I am asked to insert the correct DVD in order to open the file.
>
> Does digikam this? Thanks.

If you use remote collections, afaik, yes, you can do this kind of things with digikam, just save your collection and its database in a shared directory.
But I'm not sure, I never tried these kind of things, just worked with local collections. In particular, I don't know how will digikam manage simultaneous, concurrent modifications to your collections from two different computers.

Anyway, you can do something similar also using ResourceSpace, that works on the server, requiring only a web browser on the client side to work:
http://www.resourcespace.org/

bye bye
gerlos

--
"Fairy tales are more than true, not because they tell us that dragons exist,
but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten."