[Digikam-users] Fwd: Re: Re: Digikam support Nikon D3100

Robert Zeller robert.zeller at robert-zeller.org
Tue Feb 15 11:48:53 GMT 2011

Gerlos,

thanks for the hint; I already found out that there was a process
"gvfs-gphoto2-volume-monitor" that grabbed the ptp-camera-device and
mounted it under $HOME/.gvfs/something. So killing  this process freed
the camera such that it could be mounted in digikam. But I was not aware
what started this process, so I did a chmod -x
/usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-gphoto2-volume-monitor to prevent the gvfs-mounter to
be started again upon login. You are right: I just checked and found
that the nautilus process was running on my kde-desktop. After killing
nautilus, the gvfs-gphoto2-volume-monitor did not start again, even with
the x bit enabled.

Thanks again,

Robert