[Digikam-users] Compiling from git

sleepless sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl
Wed Aug 24 13:11:26 BST 2011

Normaly digikam is in your home/your_user_dir/digikam-software-compilation
everything should be there. It is a good praktice to make a subfolder
¨build¨ from where you build, so your git clone would not be messed up,
but if you did not, it is hard to tell by now what is original and what
is not. If you did, you can delete the entire buildfolder and try again.
But the make process might have put elsewhwere on the system files whit
root access, the next time you try it complains about not having access
to files and then you have the rights on individual files, as I had to
yesterday several times in spite of deleting entire digikam and makin a
new clone.
Op 24-08-11 13:54, Marie-Noëlle Augendre schreef:
> Before doing anything nasty/hasty, I would like very much to
> understand where all this procedure is going to put the files/folders
> it'll be using.
> At the moment my /home folder is full of things I don't want here ...
> isn't it possible to do that in a subfolder?
> By the way, what is the digikam-software-compilation for? the git
> clone? temporary files for the compilation?
both, there is a command to clean it up afterwards, I think something
like make install clean or something like that.