[Digikam-users] Not opening in Mint problem solved

Sveinn í Felli sveinki at nett.is
Mon Aug 22 18:32:51 BST 2011

Þann mán 22.ágú 2011 12:20, skrifaði Paul Verizzo:
> Sort of. Dumped Mint.
>
> I wiped the partition and installed PC Linux OS, figuring
> that it's a native KDE distro. (And not related to Ubuntu,
> which from here seems to have lots of issues.)
>
> I started poking around on the Menu, and there dK was
> already! Not installed, but the link which installed it w/o
> issue. I was surprised to see that it was 1.9.x.
>
> BUT, now dk doesn't see my three albums. During installation
> I pointed it to my database which I keep in C:\Documents and
> Settings, app data, yada yada. If I opened up Settings, it
> acknowledged my three folders for albums. But no albums in
> the tree view. What the heck, I deleted those and re-added
> them. DK did its image search, but still no albums.
>
> I sense I'm forgetting or overlooking something really,
> really simple. A "Doh!" moment yet to come.

By any chance; is your C:\ formatted as NTFS ?
Not so sure that Linux-to-NTFS is always so seamless.

Personally I'd put all my data on another kind of partition.
It's even possible to let Wintendo use ext3 partition for data.

Best regards,

Sveinn í Felli