[Digikam-users] remove EXIF data from JPG in Digikam 2, KDE 4.7, OpenSuse

Michael Born michael.born at aei.mpg.de
Wed Aug 17 22:31:33 BST 2011

Hi Digikam experts.

I updated my KDE to 4.7 and got a brand new Digikam 2.0.0 with it :-)
In the older version I used before there was an option to remove EXIF
data in the Image menu. This is missing now :-( I just can import,
reread and edit the metadata but not remove it.
I suspect that this is due to an old kipi-plugin I have.
Digikam->Help->components shows libkipi v1.2.0 but I find no newer
version in my repository.
I'm using OpenSUSE 11.3 64bit and the official KDE4.7 repository
download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Release:/47/openSUSE_11.3/

Is the "remove EXIF" option just hidden somewhere else? Do I have to
install new kipi-plugins manually?

Cheers,
Michael