[Digikam-users] Exif does not show orientation tag?

Photonoxx photonoxx at free.fr
Tue Aug 16 07:19:58 BST 2011

You have two mode in exif view in the right panel.

A concise one if you click on the man shaped button in the top of the
right panel.
A expanded one if you click on the button just at left of this previous
one.

In expanded view, I can see an orientation entry.

Le Tue, 16 Aug 2011 01:20:10 +0200, B Wooster <bwooster47 at gmail.com> a
écrit:

> When I look at the EXIF data under digkam, it seems to show only a
> selected
> set of tags. Is there some documentation on what tags are shown and what
> are
> excluded?
>
> For example, using "exitool" I see:
> Orientation                     : Horizontal (normal)
> and I don't see this tag under digikam.
> digikam does have a "change exif orientation" menu command, but if I do
> that, how do I check what the actual tag in the file is updated to?
> Is this something that cannot be done under digikam, and have to use
> exiftool instead? Or am I missing some configuration in digikam?

Nicolas Boulesteix
Photographe chasseur de lueurs
http://www.photonoxx.fr