[Digikam-users] Exif does not show orientation tag?

B Wooster bwooster47 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 00:20:10 BST 2011

When I look at the EXIF data under digkam, it seems to show only a selected
set of tags. Is there some documentation on what tags are shown and what are
excluded?

For example, using "exitool" I see:
Orientation                     : Horizontal (normal)
and I don't see this tag under digikam.
digikam does have a "change exif orientation" menu command, but if I do
that, how do I check what the actual tag in the file is updated to?
Is this something that cannot be done under digikam, and have to use
exiftool instead? Or am I missing some configuration in digikam?