[Digikam-users] digikam2 dependency openni-utils doesn't install Philips PPA

manfred manfred.1980 at freenet.de
Thu Aug 11 11:40:49 BST 2011

Thanks Herve,

at least one, who experienced the same problem.

may I ask: on your working platform does

libopenni have openni-utils as dependency?

Like Philip mentioned earlier I think I should first install libopenni and
the
libopenni shouldn't have dependencies. Well, actually Mark's output shows
the
same, but he didn't mention problems.

I want to mention again, that openni on its website says, openni needs
processors handling SSE3. My thinkpad t43p pentium mobile 4 doesn't have it.
They say one could change the flags for the makefiles, to make it work on
processors with no SSE3 support.
I tried my best, but that higher than my level of knowledge. Installing from
the sources was not possible for me with the original downloaded sources
from
openni website.

Manfred