[Digikam-users] digikam2 dependency openni-utils / SoUP PPA

Vlado Plaga rechner at vlado-do.de
Thu Aug 11 12:22:10 BST 2011

Hi Manfred and everyone,

instead of the "philips" PPA I used "kubsoup", because packages there
are still built against KDE 4.6 and I did not want to upgrade my
complete KDE. I also had trouble with the openni dependency. My
temporary solution was to install individual .deb files with

# dpkg -i --ignore-depends [openni_something]

See "man dpkg" for details.

You can get the individual deb files from
https://launchpad.net/~kubsoup/+archive/digikam
by clicking on "View package details".

It's certainly not the most elegant way, but for me it worked (after I
had recompiled the debs from source for my PPC computer).

Regards,
Vlado

--

http://vlado-do.de/