[Digikam-users] digikam2 dependency openni-utils doesn't install Philips PPA

Hervé Le Roy hleroy at hleroy.com
Thu Aug 11 10:47:36 BST 2011

Hi Manfred,

I have experienced the same issue when installing Digikam2 on a
friend's computer. I didn't find a solution yet. It's very strange
because we are both running Kubuntu 11.04, I have used Phil Johnsson
PPA in both case and it installed fine on my computer but not his.

> niLicense: error while loading shared libraries: libOpenNI.so: cannot open

I remember I checked that  libOpenNI.so existed and ran ldconfig, but
with no luck. Googling didn't help much. I will try again.

Hervé