[Digikam-users] digikam2 dependency openni-utils doesn't install Philips PPA

manfred manfred.1980 at freenet.de
Thu Aug 11 05:07:43 BST 2011

Two weeks ago I updated from digikam rc to digikam2
I am using
ppa:philip5/extra
ppa:philip5/kubuntu-updates
ppa:philip5/kubuntu-backports
for my Kubuntu 11.4 KDE 4.7. After updating Digikam2 it didn't start anymore.

I tried a reinstall and found out, the problem is openni-utils and llibopenni.
They doesn't configure.

Using synaptic I get the following message (from german):
E: openni-utils: subprozess installed post installation Script gives error 132
E: libopenni: dependency problems - not configured

digikam shows libopenni as dependency (anybody an idea what for libopenni is?)
libopenni depends on openni-utils
openni-utils has error 132

Philip didn't have an answer. He said:
"Looks like you don't have package libopenni installed that should be
installed as a dependency but might not do so. Try to install
libopenni first and then openni-utils."
But: libopenni is dependent on openni-utils, not otherwise! Even if I think
thats strange. Using apt, aptitude or synaptic, all the same problem.

I downloaded the debs different times on different days, I dont think its a
download corruption problem.

Since i can not use openni-utils and so not use digikam 2, i went back to
digikam 1.9, which is working. But I am not happy with that, now having two
databases....

I didn't make it to install openni-utils from source. I thought it might be a
problem with missing SSE3 on, as my pentium mobile 4 doesn't have it.
Didn't find anything about openni and digikam on the web.

any ideas?

cheers, manfred