[Digikam-users] Self compiled but no pictures

Tue Sep 21 10:10:39 BST 2010

At the moment I'm trying to get the distribution package working again.

I enabled debug-information for digikam. There are no interesting
information in .xsession-errors but I started digikam from command line
and it gives me quite a lot of those errors:

digikam(5576)/kio (Scheduler) KIO::SchedulerPrivate::jobFinished:
KIO::SpecialJob(0x61aedf0) QObject(0x0)
digikam(5576)/digikam (core) Digikam::AlbumManager::slotDatesJobResult:
Failed to list dates
digikam(5576)/kio (Scheduler) KIO::SchedulerPrivate::doJob:
KIO::SimpleJob(0x44dff30)
digikam(5576)/kio (Slave) KIO::Slave::createSlave: createSlave
"digikamalbums" for
KUrl("digikamalbums:/neu/?albumRoot=%2Fhome%2Ffreanki%2Fpics%2FFotobuch%20Polen&albumRootId=1&databaseType=QSQLITE&databaseName=%2Fhome%2Ffreanki%2Fpics%2Fdigikam4.db")
digikam(5576)/kio (KIOConnection)
KIO::ConnectionServer::listenForRemote: Listening on
"local:/tmp/ksocket-freanki/digikamaQ5576.slave-socket"
digikam(5576): couldn't create slave: "Unable to create io-slave:
klauncher said: Unknown protocol 'digikamalbums'

In addition there are no kipi-plugins within Digikam. There was a time I
got them working again but right now they don't.

I  guess the problem is with the unknown protocol digikamalbums,
digikamdates, etc. but I don't know how to tell klauncher what they are :(

Frank