[Digikam-users] Auto creation of albums - date formats, explanation wanted

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Mon Sep 6 11:52:44 BST 2010

I'm trying out "Auto-creation of Albums" when I import pictures into
Digikam but the manual isn't very forthcoming when trying to work out
the details of what happens when I use this option.

First question/problem, if I select 'ISO' for the date format then I
get albums with names like 2010-09-06, is there any way of getting a
hierarchy of albums as opposed to a single album with everything in
it?   I.e I want the format to be 2010/09/06 giving a different album
for each year and month.

What do 'Full Text' and 'Local Settings' mean?  I realise that 'Full
Text' gives me a text version of the date but where does Digikam get
it from and what sets the format?  Similarly for 'Local Settings'
where does digikam get those from?  Can I change them?

--
Chris Green