[Digikam-users] Sort albums by date - when did it appear?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Sat Sep 11 21:32:36 BST 2010

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 12:13:14AM +0700, Micha Neubauer wrote:
> On Thursday 09 September 2010, 06:58:48 gerlos wrote:
> >
> > If you choose a tag from the left panel, the photos you see are grouped by
> > albums, and these groups are sorted by date, so there is at least one case
> > where that property is used.
> >
> > bye bye
> > gerlos
>
> Hey,
> a little bit late... but just my comment to the problem:
> I usually put a number in front of the name of the albums. That way I can manually define
> the order and it does not bother me too much to have two more digits...

But it again points at the 'unusefulnss' of the album settings.

The album settings (like date and description) are hardly visible
anywhere.  Would it be possible, I feel an enhancement request coming
on here, to have the album caption/description displayed in the album
sidebar next to (or below in smaller text) the album name?

--
Chris Green