[Digikam-users] How to change color of the rating stars?

Elle Stone l.elle.stone at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 12:26:33 BST 2010

I also find the color of the stars hard to see and understand. I
always have to remind myself, when hovering, that the "five stars"
that show up really means "no stars".

It might help a lot if the "stars" were actually "circles" or "dots"
before being clicked to indicate that a rating had been applied. Or
better yet, if the stars that were not part of the rating were always
smaller (even when hovering) than the stars that are part of the
rating. Or if the unrated images' stars didn't have an outline when
you hover. And maybe it would help if the color of the unused stars
were darker instead of lighter than the stars that are part of the
rating.

Darker, smaller, not outlined, and perhaps different shape (dot, small
circle), even when hovering.

One last suggestion: even when not hovering, leave the unchecked stars
visible with their darker, smaller, not outlined, perhaps different
shape. The switch from fewer stars to five stars upon hovering really
is confusing visually, at least to me.

Regards,
Elle Stone