[Digikam-users] How to change color of the rating stars?

jag59 jldeshpande at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 07:26:08 BST 2010

Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:

> Is it possible to change the color of the rating stars?  I like the
> default theme, but would like to change the color of the rating stars,
> without changing anything else about the theme.
>
> Thanks - jon

I too want to change the color to 'Golden' for all the themes.
For some themes,the existing star colors are not distinguishable from the
background/selected thumb's background and sometimes they are even
misleading! What I mean to say is.....in theme DLR,say the image is rated 3
stars.Now if we select a thumbnail and the mouse pointer remains over it
then the first 3 stars are dimmed and remaining 2 are dark giving the
impression that the image is rated 2 stars...And for unrated image it shows
5 stars rating wow!!!
Where these icons are installed so that I may try to replace them?
Using DK 1.4.0 in PCLinuxOS2010-KDE 4.5.1

-----
Jagdeesh Deshpande.
Registered Linux user #492893