[Digikam-users] I can fix this, but how do I do it properly?

Landrum Haddix lhaddix at iglou.com
Tue Oct 19 19:27:07 BST 2010

I'm build Digikam and Kipi 1.50 just fine under fc14 but I get this
error on invocation:

[lhaddix at fed64 ~]$ digikam
digikam: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libkexiv2.so.8: undefined symbol:
_ZTIN5Exiv25ErrorE

If I create a sym link in /usr/ib for libkexiv2.so.8 pointing to
libkexiv2.so.9.0.0 in /usr/lib64 digikam launches and runs fine.

subsequent package installs generally destroy this link I and have to
add it again.

I've built with CMakeList.txt forced to use libkexiv2.so.9.0.0, but it
still wants libkexiv2.s0.8 which isn't the svn KDE lib that Digikam
wants to see built in it's libs dir.

Landrum