[Digikam-users] Re: no renaming when downloading in 1.4

Robert Zeller robert.zeller at robert-zeller.org
Tue Oct 19 16:14:06 BST 2010

Hi,

I have the same experience with version 1.5 of digikam and kipi-plugins.
It is possible to rename just one picture at a time to a name that is
related to date and time. But if you try to rename more than one picture
or even a total album then digikam crashes. I am using a SuSE 11.3
system with the latest updates.

In order to get the desired result you can however use the following
sequence of commands:

suppose the pictures you want to rename are located in the directory
(=album) mypictures and have extensions .JPG

cd mypictures
export LISTE=`ls *.JPG`
for F in $LISTE ; do
exiv2 -k -rename $F