[Digikam-users] Re: How to use the RAW converter

Milan Knížek knizek.confy at volny.cz
Sat Oct 9 08:30:37 BST 2010

Marie-Noëlle Augendre píše v St 06. 10. 2010 v 17:39 +0200:
> I have a question for those who use ufraw or another non-proprietary
> tool: have you found the icc files for your camera, or do you use the
> DNG converter provided by Digikam?
> I've found a lot of icc files on the Canon CD, but I don't know which
> ones I must use for the EOS 450D.

Some say that use of ICC profiles made for a specific RAW converter
(Canon's ICC = Canon's DPP) are not suitable for use with other
converter (UFRaw, etc.), basically because the RAW data are somehow
pre-processed before the profile was created and each RAW converter may
do the pre-processing differently.

If you do not find the available ICC profiles usable, you can still use
the "Color Matrix" option in UFRaw (and other converters based on
dcraw), which is supposed to use the camera specific RGBtoXYZ matrices
defined by Adobe and which works quite well for colour-non-critical
photography.

Regards,
Milan
--