[Digikam-users] Re: How to use the RAW converter

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Fri Oct 8 12:58:56 BST 2010

Marie-Noëlle Augendre schrieb:

> 2010/10/6 Martin (KDE) <kde at fahrendorf.de <mailto:kde at fahrendorf.de>>
>

>     Jep, I found the icc files and I used them for testing and for one
>     shooting.
>
>     I don't use the DNG converter

> Thank you very much for your anwer and all the explanations.
>
> I will try to keep things simple though, as I only take very amateurish
> pictures to publish them online (and obviously very few visitors have
> calibrated screens).

This is one part. The other is that not even all browsers out there are
able to handle colour profiles.

> I just want to "upgrade" from the standard JPEG to something a bit
> better, that allows me to do some modifications on the computer after
> shooting (white balance, exposure, etc.)

If you realy want to do stuff like white balance, think about
calibrating and profiling your monitor (at least). Otherwise your white
balance settings are not reliable.

> RAW treatment is entirely new for me (and I'm not very experienced at
> photos too) and I'm struggling to get the basics working.
>
> So your help has been very much appreciated.

You are welcome.

It is a hard work to get all this running. But it is great to see
improvements over the time.

If there are any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Martin