[Digikam-users] Can I get back my lost tags?

Gys van Zyl gysvanzyl at gmail.com
Thu May 13 14:47:33 BST 2010

Almost all my photos are CR2 files, so I can't add tags to the metadata.
 Recently I had to reformat the 1TB external drive on which I store all my
photos (from FAT32 to ext4).  After formatting I recreated the folder
structure identically to before, and I used the same mount point.  Starting
up the first time, digikam gave the message of being unable to find a
collection.  I re-added the collection in exactly the same place as before,
but now all my tags are gone.

Is there some way I can get the tags back?  I made a copy of the digikam
database, so I have a backup from when everything was OK.  The full path
name of all the photos are exactly the same as before.  I hope someone as a
bright idea!

Using digikam 1.2 on ubuntu 10.04.

Gys