[Digikam-users] Exporting to Gallery2

Ross McDonald ross at mixedbredie.net
Wed May 12 22:14:46 BST 2010

Hello List,

I run a Gallery2 website and manage my photos in Digikam (1.2.0 with kipi-
plugins 1.2.0 on Linux Mint Kde 4.4.2).  Having just upgraded to 1.2.0 I had
not had a chance to use the Export to Gallery tool.

Here's the problem: I open the album with the photos I want to load into
Gallery2. I select the photos I want to upload, choose the Export > Export to
Gallery tool.  The dialogue box opens and asks me where I want to load the
photos to.  I create a new album in the appropriate place.  Then I click Add
Photos and I have to reselect my photos from the list presented.  Clicking
Open then loads the photos into the new album I created.

Now, maybe it's just me but I would have thought the Export Tools would have
worked on the first selection of photos.  Instead I have to select them again
in the Select Images dialogue.  Also, the Add Photos and Open buttons seem to
be the wrong way round as the process involves OPENING the album first,
SELECTING the photos and then ADDING the selected photos to the web gallery.

Any thoughts?

Ross