[Digikam-users] regression in 1.1.0 creating date based albums?

Simon Oosthoek somlist at xs4all.nl
Fri Mar 5 13:59:42 GMT 2010

Hi

I just upgraded my machine using the kubuntu karmic backports (ppa), so
I got digikam 1.1.0 along with it. Before that I used the 1.0.0 version
that came along with karmic.

I always download my images (from a Sony alpha-500) in RAW+JPG to date
based folders and it worked just fine, but now I get the less than
helpful message "failed to create folder". Obviously, since this is an
upgrade the permissions are fine (I checked), the disk isn't full, etc.
I can't tell from the message what kind of problem digikam has in
creating directories, but it does fail to download my images in the way
that I'm used to (or at all, since I'm not going to do the work of
moving the images by hand!).

I've also experienced a few crashes already, though I don't know if they
are in any way related, so I'll just keep an eye on that...

Main question: is this a known problem or should I file a bug (launchpad
or kde.bugs.org?)

/Simon

PS, If at all possible, I hope this can be fixed in the repository
rather than that I'd have to build digikam from sources...