[Digikam-users] Workflow for album creation

Andreas Weigl kde at silicoids-world.de
Sat Jul 17 21:51:38 BST 2010

Hi

I just wondered what your workflow is for creating an album.

I want to print my last holiday in a photobook and put it on a web page.

These are the challenges I have:
1. How do I mark the images I want to put in it. Do I use tags or the starts.
I use the start right now to mark how "good" an image is, but I don't want
just the "very good" images in my album. I'm not sure about tags.
2. How do I change the order. Sometimes I want to show some pictures together
or in different order than I took them, like a picture of a building by day
and one by night. Obviously I shot some in between. So I want to move it.
digikam only allows me to order the images by date or name.

Of course I could put the copy the images in a directory and than go into the
task of renaming them. But this doesn't seem quite efficient.

How do you guys do it?

Thanks,
Andreas