[Digikam-users] digikam and mysql

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 09:09:09 BST 2010

yes, digiKam 1.3.0 support Mysql now.

As you run svn trunk (1.4.0), some littel fixes have been introduced.

There is nothing to do. Just go to Database setup panel, and swith to
QMYSQL (mysql driver for Qt4)

You have 2 options : using mysql in local, or in remote.

In local mode, digiKam will setup all for you. In remote, you need to
run a mysql server somewhere on you network.

The advantage of remote server, is to share DB with another digiKam
session on another computer (as in photo agency for ex, which use a
NAS to host collections)

All the best

Gilles Caulier