[Digikam-users] Compiling digiKam with emerge - was Compiling 1.0.0 for KDE 4.3.4 for Windows

Andrew Goodbody ajg02 at elfringham.co.uk
Thu Jan 14 08:43:55 GMT 2010

Peter Shute wrote:
> This isn't for the faint hearted, is it?  I had to make a hole in the
> firewall for SVN, and then for git, which I've never heard of.  I
> came to the conclusion that the openssl file you mentioned has been
> fixed, it looked ok to me.  I assume it's
> C:\kderoot\download\openssl-0.9.8k.tar.gz?

git is the version control system currently used for the Linux kernel
and also in this case qt.
That was indeed the openssl file I mentioned, glad it's fixed.

> But now I have what I assume are compilation arrors, and I'm not sure
> what to do.  Here are some sample compilation errors, there are
> hundreds of similar ones: release/moc.o:moc.cpp:(.text+0x14b):
> undefined reference to `QByteArray::shared_null'
> release/moc.o:moc.cpp:(.text+0x150): undefined reference to
> `QByteArray::shared_null' release/moc.o:moc.cpp:(.text+0x156):
> undefined reference to `QByteArray::shared_null'
>
> All I'm doing is typing "emerge digikam" and letting it do its thing.

Which compiler are you using? I gave up on msvc. I was getting link
errors in strigi that seemed to come from differing interpretations of
wchar_t to that used in clucene. I am now using mingw4 and it is in the
middle of compiling webkit in qt. It seems to have successfully compiled
moc.cpp as there is a matching object file for it.

I set my path empty before calling kdeenv.bat just to avoid any
possibility of rogue tools in the path.

Andrew