[Digikam-users] Compiling digiKam with emerge - was Compiling 1.0.0 for KDE 4.3.4 for Windows

Peter Shute pshute at nuw.org.au
Thu Jan 14 03:22:15 GMT 2010

Andrew Goodbody wrote on Tuesday, 12 January 2010 7:37 PM:

> Peter Shute wrote:
>> I'm starting from scratch on a different computer so I can play with
>> this without worrying about losing any data.  I'm trying to follow
>> the instructions at http://www.digikam.org/drupal/node/402.  Can
>> anyone please explain why this isn't working for me?
>
> I am guessing that it is old and out of date.
>
> I'm following the instructions here
>
> http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4/Windows/emerge
>
> I am using the msvc compiler and it is working so far for me. It is
> compiling qt currently. I did have an issue that the version of
> openssl that it fetched was not a gzip file although it ended in .gz
> but that was quickly fixed simply by gzipping the file and restarting
> the 'emerge digikam'.

This isn't for the faint hearted, is it?  I had to make a hole in the firewall for SVN, and then for git, which I've never heard of.  I came to the conclusion that the openssl file you mentioned has been fixed, it looked ok to me.  I assume it's C:\kderoot\download\openssl-0.9.8k.tar.gz?

But now I have what I assume are compilation arrors, and I'm not sure what to do.  Here are some sample compilation errors, there are hundreds of similar ones:
release/moc.o:moc.cpp:(.text+0x14b): undefined reference to `QByteArray::shared_null'
release/moc.o:moc.cpp:(.text+0x150): undefined reference to `QByteArray::shared_null'
release/moc.o:moc.cpp:(.text+0x156): undefined reference to `QByteArray::shared_null'

All I'm doing is typing "emerge digikam" and letting it do its thing.