[Digikam-users] Compiling 1.0.0 for KDE 4.3.4 for Windows

Andrew Goodbody ajg02 at elfringham.co.uk
Tue Jan 12 08:37:22 GMT 2010

Peter Shute wrote:
> I'm starting from scratch on a different computer so I can play with
> this without worrying about losing any data.  I'm trying to follow
> the instructions at http://www.digikam.org/drupal/node/402.  Can
> anyone please explain why this isn't working for me?

I am guessing that it is old and out of date.

I'm following the instructions here

http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4/Windows/emerge

I am using the msvc compiler and it is working so far for me. It is
compiling qt currently. I did have an issue that the version of openssl
that it fetched was not a gzip file although it ended in .gz but that
was quickly fixed simply by gzipping the file and restarting the 'emerge
digikam'.

Andrew