[Digikam-users] Users manual?

Martin Senftleben DrMartinus at drmartinus.de
Tue Jan 5 19:05:04 GMT 2010

Am Dienstag 05 Januar 2010 schrieb Gilles Caulier:
> 2010/1/5 Tom Cloyd <tomcloyd at comcast.net>:

> OK, i will said one time, no more. hare well : digiKam
>  documentation is in a separate package because it's huge.

> one binary package, on documentation
>
> Go to package manage and enter digikam. look documentation package
>  and install it. that all

At least in my OpenSuse 11.2, there is no separate documentation
package for digikam and when calling up the help/documentation menu,
it calls up the kde help centerr with the info that index.html wasn't
found.
Would be nice if following your instructions would be all - I never
had a documentation for digikam. I guess that's a problem of the
distro, but it wouldn't be a problem if the docs were included in the
main package.
I agree that because it's software that many help develop in their
free time without any remuneration, the documentation part suffers
because functionality and bug fixing is in first place. I know that
also from my part of programming. But this seems to me a simple thing
to do with not much effort involved. Separating documentation and the
main program obviously causes some trouble to some distro-packagers,
which can be avoided. Nobody (or at least not many) cares about
package size nowadays.

Thanks to all developers for their efforts and time in producing such
a great piece of software!

Martin
--
E-Mail digital signiert mit Hilfe von GPG -
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Privacy_Guard