[Digikam-users] Users manual?

DIL23 hex at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jan 5 17:37:40 GMT 2010

On Tuesday 05 January 2010 17:14:26 Gilles Caulier wrote:
> 2010/1/5 Tom Cloyd <tomcloyd at comcast.net>:
> > I STRONGLY think links to immediately available documentation should be
> > visible in the main menu's Help item drop down or some other VISIBLE
> > space. When I recently installed Digikam on my Kubuntu 9.10 OS, it came
> > with NO help, no documentation a human being could easily find, and a
> > lot of frustration. All help links, context help, etc., led to "no
> > documentation available" messages.
>
> OK, i will said one time, no more. hare well : digiKam documentation
> is in a separate package because it's huge.
>
> one binary package, on documentation
>
> Go to package manage and enter digikam. look documentation package and
> install it. that all
>
> It certainly difficult to do for people who want to read some words.

and once you've installed the help docs you can access them from the command
line or 'Run Command' by typing:

khelpcenter help:/digikam

....and I believe the Linux world is always looking for helpers - maybe you
could help with the helpcenter/wiki or whatever when you get up to speed with
Digikam ;-)

DIL23
:)